Authorize.net login credentials are not the same credentials used to integrate with SalesPro. To connect your account you will need the API Login ID and the Transaction Key.
API Login ID and Transaction Key
- Log into the Merchant Interface.
- Click Account from the main toolbar.
- Click Settings in the main left-side menu.
- Click API Credentials & Keys.
- Here you will see the API Login ID. If you do not see the API Login ID this means it has never been generated. Selecting New Transaction Key will also generate the initial API Login ID.
- Select New Transaction Key.
When obtaining a new Transaction Key, you may choose to disable the old Transaction Key by clicking the box titled, Disable Old Transaction Key Immediately. You may want to do this if you suspect your previous Transaction Key is being used fraudulently.
- Click Submit to continue.
- Request and enter PIN for verification.
- Your new Transaction Key is displayed.
Be sure to record your Transaction Key immediately in a secure manner or copy it immediately to a file in a secure location as it is not always visible in the Merchant Interface like the API Login ID. Once you navigate away from the confirmation page there will be no other way to access the Transaction Key in the Merchant Interface. You would have to generate a new Transaction Key.
- In SalesPro click Finance > Payment Capture.
- Select Authorize.Net as the Gateway.
- Enter the API Login ID.
- Enter the Transaction Key.
- Click Save.
Note: WorldPay and WorldPay US also use the authorize.net portal
This article is for Dashboard 3.0. Click here to view the help article for version 2.9.