The Custom Product feature gives you the ability to add product items to the estimate straight from your iPad.
The price of the Custom Product can be included in the total estimate price if
[CP] is added to the price formula. Also, product information can be populated to any Leap document using Custom Product placeholders.
Add a Custom Product
The quickest way to add a Custom Product to your current estimate is through the Estimates section of the app. This way works best if you only have one or a few items to add.
To add a Custom Product item via Estimates
- On the Estimates screen of the app, tap the button on the top-right corner of the screen.
- Create a title for the Custom Section. (ex. Labor)
- Click Next to add a New Item.
- If you are adding an item from an existing Custom Section, tap the Add Items + button in that section.
- Fill out Custom Item information such as:
- Item Name
- The name of the custom product (ex. Window Installation Fee)
- Item Details
- Any necessary information about the custom product (ex. Price per window)
- The quantity of the custom product
- Unit Price
- The price of the custom product per item
- If you want to save this item in a Category to use again later, check the box next to Add to Catalog and create/choose the Category you want to save this item in. This field is optional.
- Tap if you are adding another Custom Item. Otherwise, tap to return to the Estimates screen.
The Items Catalog section contains Custom Product items that are saved for future use. This is also where you can find Custom Categories and Custom Templates.
To access this section, navigate to Settings > Items Catalog.
To add a Custom Product via Items Catalog
- In the Items Catalog section, click on the top right corner of the screen.
- Create a Custom Category you want the item to belong in. If the Category already exists, click Browse Categories and select the category you want the item to belong in.
- Fill out Custom Item information such as: Item Name, Description, and Price.
- If you want to add this item to a Custom Template, toggle on the switch next to the Template you want it in.
- Tap if you are adding another Custom Item. Otherwise, tap to return to the Items Catalog screen.
Custom Categories is a way to group custom products within Leap (i.e. Custom Roofing, Custom Windows, Custom Doors, etc.). To access saved Custom Categories, simply tap the Categories tab in the Items Catalog section.
To group a Custom Item into a Custom Category:
- If the Category has not yet been created, simply type in the name under the Category Name field when adding a new item.
- If the Category has already been created, click the Browse Categories dropdown and select the category you want the item to belong in.
Custom Templates is a way to group products with items from different Custom Categories. For example, if you have a labor item in a Custom Window category that you want to group with a labor item in a Custom Door category, you can do so with the Custom Templates feature.
To group Custom Items into a Custom Template:
- In the Items Catalog section, tap on the top-right corner of the screen.
- Enter a Template Name and click Save.
- Once you’ve created the template, it will then show up in the Templates tab. Tap the template to add items.
- Select the category of the item(s) you want to add to the template or click All Categories.
- Toggle on the item(s) you want to include in the template.
- Navigate back to the Estimates screen to add those items to the estimate.