Secure Payment Capture
Secure Payment Capture allows you to securely capture PCI compliant Credit Card and eCheck payment information.
The payment methods are then stored in the Leap system in order to process payments from the dashboard at anytime. This is useful for initiating a payment after the notice of cancellation period has ended and/or after the job has been completed.
The majority of payment processors require a username and password although others may require a merchant ID and/or a unique key. Your payment processor can provide this information for you. There are several other fields that can be customized as well.
- Select the Gateway from the list of Payment Processors.
- Enter the required fields for the Gateway.
- Enter a Default From Email. This is the email address the payment request will be sent from.
- Enter a Request Email Subject. This is the subject of the payment request emails.
- Select the Allowed Payment Types. Check off whether the payment processor accepts Credit Cards, Bank/eCheck payments, or both.
- Enter a Success Redirect URL. This is the website the customer will be redirected to after submitting a payment. If left blank the customer will be redirected to a generic Leap thank you page
- Enter at least one Success Notification Recipient. This is the email address of the person who should be notified when a payment is submitted.
- The Default Email Template has a generic email layout for the payment request, however it can be modified.
- See Email Preview will display a preview of the email layout for the payment request.
Setup the payment section of your contract with the Secure Payment Capture cell to allow your contract to capture this information.
- Edit the contract that contains the payment section.
- Change Credit Card Cell Type to Secure Credit Card Capture.
- Select the cell that contains the payment information.
- Click Settings.
- Click Cell Type.
- Click Secure Payment Capture.
- Set up Secure Payment Capture to be a dynamic cell.
- In Settings, switch on Dynamic.
- Open up Dynamic Settings.
- Choose a Dependent Cell. This field contains the identifier of the cell where the you choose which Payment Method the customer is using.
- Add a Condition.
- Set the condition’s Dependent Value(s). Select the method of payment you want to capture securely. (ie. Check, Credit Card)
- Save changes to the Contract.
Capturing Payment Info
Once you’ve set up the Integration and Contract on the Dashboard, you can now securely capture payment information on the Leap App.
To capture credit card or check information, navigate to the payment section of the contract and tap the cell that contains the appropriate form of payment.
You have the ability to send your customer a Secure Payment Capture Request for them to fill out payment information themselves. To capture later:
- In the contract editor on the dashboard, toggle on Capture Later Enabled.
- In the Leap app, select the Capture Later tab.
- Select the Request Type.
After a payment method has been securely captured it will be stored within the customer record in the Estimates section.
Clicking the customer’s record will display any payment methods and previous transactions toward the bottom of the page. It also contains any attachments including the contract in case the total contract amount, deposit, balance, and any other previous payments need to be referenced.
Clicking the payment method will open a window to initiate a new transaction.
Card Number: 4111-1111-1111-1111
Cardholder Name: Johnny Test
Cardholder Zip: 12345
Expiration Date: Any future date
CVV: Any CVV