Frequently Asked Questions
We’ve put together a list of commonly asked questions to give you more information on how to set up your Leap account.
- What are your business hours?
- We are open Mondays to Fridays from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST.
- Where is your business located?
- We are located at 7142 Columbia Gateway Dr, Suite 130, Columbia, MD 21046.
- Does Leap work on Android?
- No, Leap does not work on Android. Leap only works on iOS.
- Does Leap work on iPhones?
- Yes, Leap works on iPhones. However, Contracts and Proposals only work on the iPad. For more information on compatibility, see iOS Compatibility.
- Do I need WiFi connection to use Leap?
- Filling out an estimate does not require a WiFi connection. However, some features in the app will require connectivity like updating the Price Guide or using Integrations. You are able to write a Contract/Proposal without WiFi, but would need connection if you want to send it out.
- Help! I’m trying to log into my account and I keep getting an error that says, Error: Object Not Found.
- It could be that your user account is assigned to an office that has been deleted. Please contact Leap Support to fix this.
- How do I add a user?
- See Users for instructions on how to add a user.
- I am trying to add a user but it’s telling me I don’t have enough licenses.
- That means you have used all of your available licenses. You can check how many licenses you have under the Account tab in your Leap Dashboard. To add more licenses, please contact your Leap Account Manager or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I am trying to add a user but it says the username is already taken.
- That means that the username is already being used within the entire Leap system. We suggest using the user’s first and last name as their username, or something unique like their email address.
- Why does it say that my email address is dropped?
- It could be possible that the system has blacklisted your email address. Please contact Leap Support so we can check that for you.
- How do I do a mass price increase?
- See Mass Price Change for detailed instructions on how to do a mass price increase.
- How do I copy information from one measure sheet item to another?
- See How to Mass Copy for detailed instructions on how to copy information from one measure sheet item to another.
- Can you do formulas in drill-down measure sheet categories?
- No, you cannot. You can only use formulas in Standard Measure Sheets.
- When I change the price of an Upcharge, it changes the price of other Upcharges. Why is it doing that? How can I fix it?
- It is most likely that those Upcharges were mass copied. To unlink prices, drop down the Upcharge section of your price guide, click on the red chain next to the current price, write the unique price on the next cell, and hit Save.
- What does exclamation point in the price guide mean?
- The exclamation point in the price guide means that if the Upcharge is unchecked, it will become unavailable for that particular Price Guide Option. If picked on the Estimate, the system will put a red exclamation point on that item to let the user know that an Upcharge is unavailable.
- What is the maximum size for a Resource file?
- 100 MB. For more information, see Resources.
- Why can’t I upload pictures to Resources?
- Pictures have to be in PDF format, not JPEG or PNG, and no more than 100 MB.
- Why are there placeholders on my contract?
- Placeholders are used to link Price Guide information from the Estimate to a Contract, Proposal, or other document. See Contract Placeholders for the full list of placeholders.
- Why are items not showing up on my contract?
- It could be possible that your contract isn’t properly linked. Linking allows the Cell/Section to appear in a contract if the item(s) have been added to the Estimate. Linking also brings over information from the price guide if Placeholders are used. To learn more about contract linking, see How To Link a Contract.
- Why are my contracts not showing on the Leap Dashboard?
- Leap filters contracts based on which state and which office it is saved in. Make sure you have the correct State and Office selected from the drop-down menu for the contract list to show up. If your contract doesn’t show up under that list, try deselecting all the States and Offices so it comes up under ‘No State’ and ‘No Office’.
- Where can I find signed copies of a contract?
- You can find signed copies of a contract in the Emails tab of your Leap Dashboard. To do this, go to your Leap Dashboard > Emails > File > click on the paperclip and it should open up the file in a new tab/window.
- Why are my CRM appointments not showing up in Leap?
- Make sure you have your Appointments Settings set up. See Appointments for instructions.
- I’m getting an error that says Marketsharp Upload Failure: Invalid Marketsharp Contact ID. What does this mean?
- It means that the customer/appointment was typed in manually in Leap, instead of being pulled from Marketsharp. You can check this in your Dashboard by going to Attachments and seeing if the Source says Manual or Marketsharp.
- I’m getting an error that says LeadPerfection Error: No value for apiSource. What does this mean?
- It means that the customer/appointment was typed in manually in Leap, instead of being pulled from LeadPerfection. You can check this in your Dashboard by going to Attachments and seeing if the Source says Manual or LeadPerfection.
- I’m trying to add a new finance plan but it’s not letting me save it.
- Make sure all fields are filled in. Number fields – like Plan Code, Min/Max Amount, Interest Rate, Term, Payment Multiplier, and Dealer Fee – need to be filled with numbers, otherwise the system won’t let you save it.
- I’m trying to set up my finance integration. Where do I get the dealer number from?
- You get your dealer number from the lender.
- We use Fortiva and I want to activate our account on Leap. Where do I find my Location ID and Company ID?
- You would get your Location ID and Company ID from Fortiva.
If you have a question you can’t find the answer to, please feel free to chat in via our website, call our Support Line at 844-370-LEAP (5327), or send an email to email@example.com.