By Andrew Smith
Nasdaq TradeTalks with Jill Malandrino & Leap CEO Patrick Fingles
We’re all fully aware of the challenges that the pandemic presented the building industry. Supply chain issues delayed projects and elevated the cost of building materials, not to mention increased demand for home renovations pushed many timelines back by weeks or months. With 2022 under way, many homeowners are wondering whether these headaches will continue for the forceable future.
Leap CEO Patrick Fingles joins Jill Malandrino on Nasdaq TradeTalks to discuss challenges facing the building and home improvement sector due to supply chain issues, increased demand, and higher costs.
What expectations should homeowners set for their contractor in 2022, and how can Leap’s platform help contractors service the needs of homeowners?
- You should demand transparency from your contractor.
- Contractors are notorious for overpromising and underdelivering – and with supply chain issues likely to continue into the new year, if an estimate feels too good to be true, it probably is.
- Homeowners should seek out contractors who will be transparent at the estimating stage on how supply chain issues may impact their ability to get the right materials for a given job – or if delays from jobs they’re completing before yours will push a timeline back even further.
- Our team at Leap is partnering with contractors and home service professionals to simplify their digital sales processes and make life easier for their companies and for homeowners.
- Ultimately, our service makes it simple for homeowners to understand what’s going into a home renovation project and how long it should take, and it makes it easier for contractors to manage and operate their businesses.
- Looking ahead, you’re probably not going to pay your contractor in Bitcoin, but those digital-first contractors are the ones who will provide you with the most convenient and transparent customer experience.
What is Nasdaq’s TradeTalks
TradeTalks broadcasts live from MarketSite in Time Square, the historic Philadelphia Trading Floor, and Global Industry Conferences, and Events. Featuring conversations with top industry thought leaders on trends, news, and education.
Leap is a point-of-sales software that takes multiple steps in your sales process and puts them in one digital resource. With Leap, you can pitch your company with updated marketing materials, pull aerial measurements into Leap to show how much material is needed, select products, present pricing packages, sign contracts, offer financing, and process payments ALL with the homeowner in a single appointment.
- Spending hours in spreadsheet hell
- Errors and Redundancies
- Losing Time or Missing Appointments
Interested in learning more about Leap?
This blog post reflects the opinions of the author and may or may not reflect the opinion of Leap (Leaptodigital.com).